Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Trailer Park Nation

image

I just spent a week in South Dakota.  It was really cold, and there wasn't a whole lot of anything there.  Anyway I decided to call it "The Trailer Park Nation", because there were a lot, I mean a lot of trailer parks there.

image

I also took a short trip out to Sturgis.  Seems like a nice little town everyday except for this (which I'm sure in my younger years would have been a lot of fun).

 

image

This is a picture of all of downtown Sturgis.

 IMG_0037

This is a crappy photo, but here is Mount Rushmore.  It was a little disappointing how big it was.

IMG_0045

This was with the camera on full zoom.  It's really hard to get good pictures of it because it's so far away, and not very big.  I can't say I would plan a trip to go all the way out there just to see this, but then I don't know why else you would go to Mount Rushmore, unless you were just passing through.

When I finally made it there (after work) I was the only one there.  This was at about 4 p.m. (notice how dark it is) and they had to turn the lights on for me so I could see it. 

IMG_1403

This is the boys decorating the Christmas Tree.

IMG_1407

Evan really likes the yellow stars.

IMG_1408

This is Zacky with stickers on his face.

 IMG_1410

Evan Decorating the tree some more.

The boys really got into it, and do it everyday.  It's a living breathing Christmas theme this year.

 

And this one is for B and Suzy......(feature'n JT)

4 comments:

Pete said...

I actually heard and downloaded that version of Apologize first. I still can't decide which one I like more, that one or the one remixed by Timbaland.

Nat said...

Wow, you should feel very blessed. Pete doesn't ever comment on my blog. Our tree ornaments are constantly moving as well, and congregating toward one area in the front at the bottom.

Soozee Carmichael said...

I think I like that version of Apologize better, although I do have them both. And, North Carolina is totally the same with all the trailer parks! I remember in my first area you'd think it was trailer park heaven they were EVERYWHERE!!!

Jennifer said...

Molly loves this song!