Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Teeth, Monster Trucks, iPods, and Church

  So I've always envied people with white teeth.  So when I went to the dentist this last week I asked about it.  I've tried it before, and it really didn't work very well. 

My dentist, which I might add is new to me, told me to take the whitener and put it on the trays.  Leave it in your mouth all night long.  So I did. 

Wow, it really worked.  The only bad part is I have alot less gums to hold my teeth in.  It woke me up at 4 a.m. and I thought my teeth were going to fall out.  It had burned through part of my gums.  0303091841a

You cant really tell from the pictures but between my front teeth the gums are just scabs.  Needless to say, I won't be  trying that again

 

0304091854

This is one of the first things I remember about my sister in-law Kelly.  It still makes me laugh!

 

0303091903b

Speaking of teeth.  Zacky went to the kiddy dentist the same day I did.  You can see his first cavity in the very back left side.  It looks just like a filling in this picture.  He has one to match on the other side.  Needless to say they're going to put him out to fill it.  It took us 4 years to get him to let the dentist even come close to him. 

And for the record, the dentist was looking at my teeth saying I had pretty good ones.  Immediately following that he say "Your wife's teethe on the other hand are an anomaly".  He went on about that's for 5 minutes. Hopefully Evan got her teeth.

One of my talks is fixing things.  If something in out house breaks I can usually find away to make it work again, even with 1 or 2 less screws.  One thing that has intimidated me though has been the iPod.  Over Christmas part my screen decided to part it didn't want to work (it had little lines across it).  So I thought to myself sweet.  It's time for a new one anyway. 

 

0304091915

My neighbor and I were going somewhere and he saw my iPod, and of course commented on all the awesome music that was on it.  But then he says "Hey why don't you just get a new one and put it in."  So I started to research it.  And guess what there are videos on youtube of these geek's taking apart their iPods and replacing parts.

So I got on eBay and bought a screen $16.50 and a battery (I figured why not I'm in there anyway) $6.50.  It took me about an hour with both the boys wanting to help, and now fortunately or unfortunately the iPod touch is going to have to wait.  I know I've already told most people who read my blog, but I just want the world to know I have conquered the iPod.

 

MONSTER TRUCKS

0213091953

0213091948a

0213091950

Zacky and I went to the monster trucks a few weeks ago with some of his cousins, uncles, and Grandpa Petersen.  I think he really liked it, but only because I got him this flag.  It was still fun.

 

And last, but not least.  Our boys really like music, and I'm teaching them to enjoy ROCK AND ROLL, like everyone should.  One of Evans current favorite songs is this:

 

This has to be one of Evans favorite songs because he was singing it all during church on Sunday.  During the sacrament, in nursery, and even when mom took him to Relief Society.  ROCK ON Little Man.

 

By the way the picture above you might think is  a butt is only and elbow.

9 comments:

Lynne said...

I was going to ask if that was a butt or what...glad it's not.

sorry about your gums - painful! I've done crest whitening strips before and they worked for me but I never wore them for longer than 20 minutes and now I'll be SURE never to try them overnight. lol

Nicole said...

The gums is what we get for all our vanity---we are getting old so why can't we just you and will could have a good long talk about this....
anywho i would love to see what music you have on your ipod. I am sure i could get some good ideas for mine.

also when did you become such a mans man. all the cars the monster trucks it boggles the mind.

and the last p.s. can you believe how big my kiddos are???? shocking i know. we should really get together so i don't have t leave these really long comments on your blog=)

Nicole said...

okay i forgot to say Evan is the man i don't care is my Fav too. ROCK ON LITTLE DUDE!

Nat said...

Dude, my verification word is "botum". How fitting.

Sorry about the teeth, both you and Zacky. Does Marci have really good teeth? I haven't had a cavity ever, and I'm hoping the kids get my teeth, not Pete's. (Sometimes I wonder how much "tooth" Pete actually has left amidst the fillings, crowns, and root canals.) The dentist is always like, "Your teeth are amazing! Your husband's, on the other hand..."

I did some tooth whitening stuff, where you rubbed the stuff on with a Q-tip. It was back before the Crest whitening stuff. It would foam up. It was awesome.

Kelly said...

I wish you would explain the butt picture a little more. Your going to make everyone think I mooned you or something.....
OR, that I have a harry bottom!

Kelly said...

I didn't read to the end, thanks for explaining!

Darling Details said...

Kelly, for the record, I made him explain the arm thing. I take no responsibility for what gets posted on this blog though! It's Mike's genius, not mine.
~marci

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Dear Mike,
Are you dead? Did you try to whiten your teeth again? Let us know so we can send flowers.

Love,
Your loyal readers who are a little tired of looking at Kelly’s . . . even though it has been a good laugh and we are grateful you shared it and Kelly is lucky to have so much talent and you are lucky to be her brother in law.

p.s. We are not stalkers
p.p.s Please post something new. Anything will do cute kids, even dog poo